KS1 Chinese New Year: sequencing, adjectives and story retelling worksheets pack
This KS1 grammar and sequencing resource will teach KS1 children the story behind the Chinese Zodiac.
They will have the opportunity to become familiar with traditional tales and retelling these, sequencing events in a story, and using adjectives to create noun phrases.
The pack could be used over a series of lessons, or during a topic day linked to Chinese New Year.
English objectives covered are:
- becoming familiar with a wide range of stories and retelling these;
- sequencing events in a story;
- using expanded noun phrases for description
Resources included are:
- The Great Race story
- Puppets to cut out for retelling the story
- Story sequencing cards
- Adjectives worksheet linked to the story
- Teacher's notes