Learn the Art of Letter Writing with Paddington – Full EY/KS1 Lesson and Resources
This resource for early years and KS1 English from Rachel Clarke uses the beautiful new Paddington Bear book from HarperCollins to help children discover the singular joy of writing and receiving messages in the post.
In this download you'll find Rachel's full lesson plan, featuring six activities and all accompanying resources:
- Set up a post office and letter-writing space in your classroom
- Have pupils write a postcard to Paddington describing somewhere they've been near you
- Learn all about stamps and design and colour your own
- Bring in some old bottles to write a message in a bottle
- Print out some instructional labels to put on classroom objects similar to Paddington's famous: 'Look after this bear' tag
- Discuss how the Browns take care of Paddington. How would your children look after him if he came to your school?