Inspire KS2 pupils to write their own story using a classic tale to raise awareness of an issue that matters to them, with advice from beloved children’s author, Sir Michael Morpurgo.
This resources pack includes teacher notes, a PowerPoint, planning sheets and beautifully designed elements for a ‘new take on a classic tale’ working wall, and has been exclusively created to be used with episode nine of the Author In Your Classroom podcast – a virtual ‘author visit’ you can share with children whenever you like, absolutely free!
This KS2 resource pack includes:
- New take on a classic tale PowerPoint
- Boy Giant extracts in print and as audiobook clips
- Boy Giant and Michael Morpurgo illustrations, images and quotes for a working wall display
- Finding a story you want to tell planning sheet
- Choosing a classic tale planning sheet
- Story planning sheet
- Themed lined and unlined writing sheets
- Teacher notes
Listen to this episode now