Inspire KS2 children to create their own magical creatures and use them in stories with expert advice and plenty of inspiration from Cressida Cowell, the genius behind How to Train Your Dragon and The Wizards of Once series.
This resources pack includes teacher notes, a PowerPoint, planning sheets and beautifully designed elements for a ‘Cressida Cowell’ working wall, and has been exclusively created to be used with episode five of the Author In Your Classroom podcast – a virtual ‘author visit’ you can share with children whenever you like, absolutely free!
The resource pack includes:
- Creating magical creatures PowerPoint
- Book extracts in print and as audiobook clips
- Illustrations and author quotes for a working wall display
- Finding inspiration for magical creatures story planning sheet
- Creating and drawing your creature planning sheet
- Describing your creature story planning sheet
- Indirect description character creation story planning sheet
- Themed lined and unlined story writing sheets
- Teacher notes
Listen to this episode now