Inspire KS2 children to create their own mystery story with expert advice on building a fantasy world from Jamie Littler, author of the brilliant ‘Frostheart’ series of books for children aged 7+.
This resources pack is designed to be used with episode three of the Author In Your Classroom podcast; a virtual ‘author visit’ you can share with children whenever you like, absolutely free – click here to listen now!
The resource pack includes:
- Building Fantasy Worlds PowerPoint
- Book extracts in print and as audiobook clips
- Illustrations and author quotes for a working wall display
- Creating your fantasy world story planning sheet
- Drawing your fantasy world story planning sheet
- Create your own map story planning sheet
- Storyboard planning sheet
- Themed lined and unlined story writing sheets
- Teacher notes
This episode of Author In Your Classroom has been recorded in partnership with Puffin Schools; Puffin Schools is curated by the children’s publisher Puffin. You’ll find video resources, book lists and ideas to bring stories to life at PuffinSchools.co.uk.
Listen to this episode now