This home learning pack is designed for children in Y1 and Y2 (ages 5-7) to complete, with some adult support where possible, over a week, based around the topic of ‘Inspirational Women’.
It offers a range of activities covering reading, writing, design technology and music, linked to the text ‘Inspirational Women: Dame Evelyn Glennie’, which could be used as part of a homeschool curriculum.
The resource could be used as part of Women’s History month in March or to learn about the achievements of women as part of International Women’s Day on 8 March 2021.
This resource pack includes:
- Reading practice – Inspirational Women – Evelyn Glennie
- Writing Task – A woman who inspires me
- Images of inspirational women
- Images of percussion instruments
- Make a musical instrument activity
- Listening and responding to music worksheet
- Themed writing paper
National Curriculum programme of study links
- Listen to and respond to texts beyond the level that they can read independently
- Answer questions about what they have read
- Write for different purposes
- Listen with concentration and understanding to a range of high-quality live and recorded music
- Play tuned and untuned instruments musically
Design & Technology
- Select and use a range of tools and equipment to perform a practical task (make a musical instrument)