9 Times Table Resource Pack: Teaching, Practising And Investigating – PowerPoint And Activity Worksheets
A pack to support the introduction or review of teaching the 9 times table to a class or group. This pack contains:
PowerPoint – this can be used during one lesson or used over a number of teaching sessions. Its slides include:
* Visual Introduction – a visual explanation of how the 9 times table uses repeated counting.
* Rote – practice for 9 times table recall.
* Practice questions – questions on the recall of multiplication and division facts related to the 9 times table.
* Investigation – Questions related to the rules of the 9 times table and real-life problems involving the 9 times table.
* A cheat sheet – reminding pupils of a rule for the 9 times table.
Activity Booklet. This contains:
* A 9 times table practice tube
* 3 differentiated activity sheets. These include practice, questioning and problem-solving questions. The sheet for more able pupils includes links to other areas of maths.
* 1 rapid-recall sheet of 60 9-times table questions.
* 1 rapid-recall sheet of 60 multiplication and division questions relating to the 9 times table.
* An investigation related to the 9 times table.