These editing dice are a fun way to engage children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 with editing and improving their work.
After completing their writing, children roll the die. Each face of the die highlights a different aspect of their writing for children to look at, and suggests an improvement to make.
This primary resource pack includes:
- Labelled 4-sided editing die
- Labelled 6-sided editing die
National Curriculum English programme of study links
Evaluate and edit by:
- assessing the effectiveness of their own and others’ writing and suggesting improvements
- proposing changes to vocabulary, grammar and punctuation to enhance effects and clarify meaning (Year 3/4)
- proposing changes to grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency, including the accurate use of pronouns in sentences (Year 5/6)
- ensuring the consistent and correct use of tense throughout a piece of writing
- ensuring correct subject and verb agreement when using singular and plural, distinguishing between the language of speech and writing and choosing the appropriate register
Proof-read for spelling and punctuation errors