This Father’s Day activity will give pupils the opportunity to write a newspaper report about the World’s Greatest Dad!
They will explore why their dads are special, covering aspects of PSHE, and use the worksheet to create their very own newspaper report. There is also a version of the newspaper which allows pupils to write about an alternative significant male (uncle, grandfather, step-dad) in their lives.
This primary resource pack includes:
- Teacher notes with the 5 lessons
- Writing paper with a selection of Father’s Day themed page borders (lined and unlined versions)
When is Father’s Day?
In the UK, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June each year. So in 2021 it falls on Sunday 20 June.
National Curriculum Links
- to combine words to make sentences (Y1)
- to write for different purposes (Y2)
- to know that stable, caring relationships are at the heart of happy families