This Mother’s Day activity will give pupils the opportunity to write a newspaper report about the World’s Greatest Mum!
They will explore why their mums are special, covering aspects of PSHE, and use the worksheet to create their very own newspaper report.
There is also a version of the newspaper which allows pupils to write about an alternative significant female (aunt, grandma, step-mum) in their lives.
This primary resource pack includes
- Blank newspaper template: World’s Greatest Mum!
- Blank newspaper template: World’s Greatest….......! (to write about a different significant female in a child’s life)
- Newspaper template with sentence starters: World’s Greatest Mum!
- Newspaper template with sentence starters: World’s Greatest….......!
When is Mother’s Day 2021?
In the UK, Mother’s Day 2021 takes place on Sunday 14 March.
National Curriculum Links
- Combine words to make sentences (Y1)
- Write for different purposes (Y2)
- Know that stable, caring relationships are at the heart of happy families