Letters and emails may be written for a variety of purposes in key stage 1: to inform, persuade or recount. The resources in this pack focus on the structure of letters and emails which could be used during an English unit to share and identify the features in model texts that are shared.
The poster can be used to teach how these text types are structured and the grammar, vocabulary and punctuation typically used.
A planning sheet is included to support pupils when noting and organising their ideas before writing their letter or email, identifying the purpose and audience for their writing.
What is included in this resource?
- Writing letters and emails posters
- Letter or email planning sheet
- Letter template
- Email template
National Curriculum programme of study links
Year 1 writing - composition
Pupils should be taught to write sentences by:
- saying out loud what they are going to write about
Year 2 writing - composition
Pupils should be taught to consider what they are going to write be fore they begin by:
- planning or saying out loud what they are going to write about
- writing down ideas and / or key words, including new vocabulary