As part of the science curriculum, pupils must plan and carry out a variety of simple scientific tests. These resources can be used to support pupils to plan and write-up their scientific enquiries, with opportunities to record predictions, equipment needed, data gathered and write conclusions.
Two science Investigation write-up sheets are included, in slightly differing formats for you to choose from, to support write-ups of scientific enquiries using a consistent template across KS1. Both are available as PDFs or editable Word documents, to make changes to titles and subheadings where needed for your classroom or school.
What is included in this resource?
- Science Investigation Write-up – template 1 (PDF and Word docs)
- Science Investigation Write-up – template 2 (PDF and Word docs)
National Curriculum programme of study links
Year 1 writing - composition
Pupils should be taught to write sentences by:
- saying out loud what they are going to write about
Year 2 writing - composition
Pupils should be taught to consider what they are going to write be fore they begin by:
- planning or saying out loud what they are going to write about
- writing down ideas and / or key words, including new vocabular