This home learning pack is designed for children in Y3 to Y6 (ages 8-11) to complete, with some adult support where possible, over a week, based around the topic of ‘Inspirational Women’.
It offers a range of activities covering reading, writing and citizenship, linked to the text ‘Inspirational Women’, which could be used as part of a homeschool curriculum.
The resource could be used as part of Women’s History month in March or to learn about the achievements of women as part of International Women’s Day on 8th March 2021.
This resource pack includes:
- Reading practice – Inspirational Women
- Writing Task – A woman who inspires me: biographical writing
- Inspirational Women who Changed History cards
- How I would change the world activity
- Themed writing paper
National Curriculum programme of study links
- Apply their growing knowledge of root words, prefixes and suffixes, to read aloud and to understand the meaning of new words that they meet;
- Check that a text makes sense to them, answering questions including using inference.
- Use simple organisational devices (Year 3/4);
- Use further organisational and presentational devices to structure text and guide the reader (Year 5/6).
- Talk and write about their opinions, and explain their views, on issues that affect themselves and society
- Research, discuss and debate topical issues, problems and events.