Get KS2 children adding a touch of imagination to their research for creative writing, with the help of advice from Dermot O’Leary – broadcaster, presenter, and author of the popular Toto the Ninja Cat series of books.
This resources pack includes teacher notes, a PowerPoint, planning sheets and beautifully designed elements for a ‘research for writing’ working wall, and has been exclusively created to be used with episode seven of the Author In Your Classroom podcast – a virtual ‘author visit’ you can share with children whenever you like, absolutely free!
The resource pack includes:
- Using research to write great stories PowerPoint
- Book extracts in print and as audiobook clips
- Illustrations and author quotes for a working wall display
- Starting with research story planning sheet
- Adding some creativity story planning sheet
- Storyboarding planning sheet
- Themed lined and unlined writing sheets
- Teacher notes
Listen to this episode now