Children’s Mental Health Week occurs during the the month of February. This whole-school resource is based around the theme ‘Connecting with Others’, and supports the February 2023 theme of ‘Let’s Connect’.
Pupils will learn how connecting with others is vital for our wellbeing. By connecting with friends, family and our communities our mental health can be supported and we promote a greater sense of wellbeing.
Explore with pupils how they can make meaningful connections with others to support their wellbeing and create positive relationships with others.
The resource pack includes an assembly to introduce the theme to the whole school. Activities, with teaching notes, for both KS1 and KS2 are also provided, to help support pupils to learn that working on your mental wellbeing is as important as physical wellbeing and is part of normal daily life.
This primary resource pack includes:
- Assembly PowerPoint slides and script
- Lesson notes and worksheets: EYFS/ KS1
- Lesson notes and worksheets: KS2
National Curriculum English programme of study links
RSE and Health Education
Pupils should know …
Families and people who care for me
- the characteristics of a healthy family life … the importance of spending time together and sharing each other’s lives.
- how important friendships are in making us feel happy and secure and how people choose and make friends.
- that mental wellbeing is a normal part of daily life, in the same way as physical health.
- simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.