Do your learners need to develop their fine motor skills?
This resource pack provides simple activities to develop fine motor skills which, in turn, can help develop handwriting skills.
The resource pack includes a variety of shapes and patterns for pupils to follow to develop their pencil grip and control, with additional activity ideas to develop fine motor skills further.
What is included in this fine motor skills resource pack?
- Repeat the pattern PDF worksheets
- Drawing shapes PDF worksheets
- Follow the lines PDF worksheets
- Teachers guide with additional fine motor activity suggestions
How could this fine motor skills handwriting resource be used in the classroom?
The worksheets could be used as part of regular handwriting practice, as a warm up, or for pupils who need to develop their pencil control further. It could also be used as part of a small group or 1:1 intervention focusing on fine motor skills.
National Curriculum programme of study links
- Pupils should be taught to sit correctly at a table, holding a pencil comfortably and correctly