This download contains materials for creating a series of six farm animal-themed classroom display posters (cow, horse, sheep, pig, chicken, goat), which combine images and written facts to help inspire classroom discussion and writing ideas at KS1.
The contents comprise:
- 6 complete, illustrated A4 posters, each showing statistics and interesting facts about the pictured farm animal
- ’Blank A4 posters’ - 6 A4 full-bleed animal photographs, upon which students can arrange the separate facts contained within the ‘Poster assets’ document (or indeed some facts of their own)
- ’Poster assets’ – a 20-page document containing several ‘Did you know..?’ facts for each of the six animals, presented as separate panels ready for cutting out and combining with the ‘Blank A4 posters’ PDF
- ’Facts sheet’ – the facts contained in the ‘Poster assets’ document, presented as six brightly coloured (though non-illustrated) standalone A4 sheets that can be used as separate classroom display elements
- ’Large posters’ – the six illustrations contained in ‘Blank posters’, each formatted as ultra-large images composed of four A4 sheets that can be printed off and assembled to create larger classroom displays
- Single-page ‘Teacher notes’ document
National Curriculum science programme of study links
Pupils should be taught to identify and name a variety of common animals, including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.