Are your Year 6 pupils ready for the SAT reading comprehension test?
Use our Year 6 reading comprehension pack to help prepare your pupils for the end of Key Stage 2 reading test.
It has been carefully designed to follow a similar format to the assessments that the pupils will complete at the end of KS2 so that your pupils can become more familiar with their layout and therefore improve their confidence when approaching reading assessment.
Three texts are included in the reading booklet:
- a classic poem
- a non-chronological report
- a narrative.
Comprehension questions have been mapped against the content domains so that you can identify question types and reading curriculum areas that your pupils may need to revisit.
The comprehension pack includes:
- Reading Booklet: Comprehension A
- Reading Answer booklet
- Content Domains Checklist
- Teachers’ Answers booklet
How to use this resource:
- Use it as a practice test so pupils are familiar with test situations.
- Use it as part of a group or whole class reading session, teaching pupils about different question types and how they should be answered.
- Use it as three smaller comprehension activities, reading each text and completing the questions linked to it.