Develop pupils descriptive writing by writing Science Fiction (sci-fi) stories. Images and planning sheets are provided to support pupils to write engaging setting descriptions and develop characters and plot within their stories.
This resource pack could be used to provide inspiration for sci-fi settings in narratives that you are currently planning and writing.
What is included in this Science Fiction settings writing pack?
- Scie-fi images to inspire descriptive writing. Available as a PDF and PowerPoint for display.
- Sci-fi story planning booklet where pupils can record ideas for writing.
- Writing prompts with questions to inspire descriptive writing.
- Teacher Notes
Science fiction features for KS2
- Takes place in a world that is different to ours. This might be in space or in the future.
- Features new technologies or scientific innovations.
National Curriculum English programme of study links
Pupils should be taught to draft and write narratives by creating settings, characters and plot
Pupils should be taught to draft and write by, in narratives, describing settings, characters and atmosphere