Safer Internet Day is an annual event that takes place in February. In 2022, the theme is ‘All fun and games?’, exploring whether being online playing games, using apps or communicating is always fun. This resource pack explores with pupils in years 1 and 2 the fun things that they can do online whilst also exploring how they can stay safe. The activities include a worksheet for pupils to record something that they find fun online and why and the opportunity to create a poster, leaflet or letter telling others how they should keep themselves safe while they are online. The pack contains everything you need for a lesson about online safety that can be adapted for pupils in years 1 and 2.
The resources will:
- Explore the fun that can be had using online games and apps
- Help pupils to understand how they can keep themselves safe when online
This pack includes:
- Using online games safely PPT teaching slides
- When am I online? picture cards
- PDF worksheet: Being online is fun!
- Themed writing paper
When is Safer Internet Day Week?
Safer Internet Day takes place in February each year. In 2022 it is on Tuesday 8th February.
National Curriculum Objectives:
Relationships Education (Statutory Guidance 2019)
Online and Media
Pupils should know
• that people sometimes behave differently online, including by pretending to be someone they are not.
• the rules and principles for keeping safe online, how to recognise risks, harmful content and contact, and how to report them.
Pupils should be taught to write for different purposes