Share Catherine Doyle’s inspiring writing advice with children, as they devise and develop their own, brand-new Christmas story, discovering about powerful dialogue and magical realism along the way!
This resources pack includes teacher notes, a PowerPoint, planning sheets and beautifully designed elements for a working wall, and has been exclusively created to be used with episode ten of the Author In Your Classroom podcast – a virtual ‘author visit’ you can share with children whenever you like, absolutely free!
The resource pack includes:
- Creating a Christmas story PowerPoint
- Book extracts in print and as audiobook clips
- Illustrations and author quotes for a working wall display
- Creating your Christmas story planning sheets
- Themed lined and unlined story writing sheets
- Teacher notes
This episode of Author In Your Classroom has been recorded in partnership with Puffin Schools; Puffin Schools is curated by the children’s publisher Puffin. You’ll find video resources, book lists and ideas to bring stories to life at PuffinSchools.co.uk.
Listen to this episode now