Want to celebrate books during your home learning this World Book Day?
This home learning pack is designed for children in Y1 and Y2 (ages 5-7) to complete, with some adult support where possible, over a week, based around the topic of ‘World Book Day’.
It offers a range of activities to inspire reading for pleasure, developing pupils’ knowledge of authors. Writing opportunities are also included through creating book covers and blurbs and writing about their favourite characters from stories that they have read.
The resource is perfect to complete during the week of World Book Day (Thursday 4 March 2021) or to promote reading at any point throughout the school year.
This resource pack includes:
- Writing task – book cover and blurb
- Authors word search
- Book emoji quiz
- Author and book match
- My favourite book character activity
- Design a book character worksheet
- Themed writing paper
National Curriculum programme of study links
- To develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by listening to, discussing and views about a wide range of poetry, stories and non-fiction
- To participate in discussions about books, poems and other works that are read to them and those that they can read for themselves.