Want to celebrate books during your home learning this World Book Day?
This home learning pack is designed for children in Years 3 to 6 (ages 8-11) to complete, with some adult support where possible, over a week, based around the topic of ‘World Book Day’.
It offers a range of activities to inspire reading for pleasure, developing pupils knowledge of authors. Writing opportunities are also included through creating book covers and blurbs and writing about their favourite characters from stories that they have read.
The resource is perfect to complete during the week of World Book Day (Thursday 4 March) or to promote reading at any point throughout the school year.
This resource pack includes:
- Writing task - book cover and blurb
- Authors word search
- Book emoji quiz
- KS2 authors list
- My favourite book character activity
- Design a book character worksheet
- Themed writing paper
National Curriculum programme of study links
- To develop positive attitudes to reading and understanding of what they have read by listening to and discussing a wide range of fiction, poetry, plays, non-fiction and reference books or textbooks
- To participate in discussions about books that are read to them and those that they can read for themselves, taking turns and listening to what others say.