This Y2 spelling revision pack contains 25 PDF worksheets, each covering a different Key Stage 1 spelling pattern.
The children are asked to find hidden words in the letter grid, then identify the spelling pattern they share. Further questions on the spelling pattern are included on the second sheet. The hidden words are listed at the bottom of the page to help children with their search.
Two versions of each sheet are included – one with the list of words that children need to find, and one without for children who need more challenge.
Answer sheets for all the word searches are also included.
National Curriculum English programme of study links
Pupils should be taught to spell by:
- segmenting spoken words into phonemes and representing these by graphemes, spelling many correctly
- learning new ways of spelling phonemes for which one or more spellings are already known, and learn some words with each spelling, including a few common homophones
- learning to spell common exception words
- learning to spell more words with contracted forms
- learning the possessive apostrophe (singular) [for example, the girl’s book]
- distinguishing between homophones and near-homophones
add suffixes to spell longer words, including –ment, –ness, –ful, –less, –ly
apply spelling rules and guidance, as listed in English Appendix 1