This home learning pack is designed for children in Y1 and Y2 (ages 5-7) to complete, with some adult support where possible, over a week, based around the topic of ‘Inspirational Women’.
It offers a range of activities covering reading, writing, design technology and music, linked to the text ‘Inspirational Women: Dame Evelyn Glennie’.
The resource could be used as part of Women’s History month in March or to learn about the achievements of women as part of International Women’s Day on 8 March 2021.
This resource pack includes:
- Reading practice – Inspirational Women – Evelyn Glennie
- Writing Task – A woman who inspires me
- Images of inspirational women
- Images of percussion instruments
- Make a musical instrument activity
- Listening and responding to music worksheet
- Themed writing paper
National Curriculum programme of study links
- Listen to and respond to texts beyond the level that they can read independently
- Answer questions about what they have read
- Write for different purposes
- Listen with concentration and understanding to a range of high-quality live and recorded music
- Play tuned and untuned instruments musically
Design & Technology
- Select and use a range of tools and equipment to perform a practical task (make a musical instrument)