Do your learners need to practise forming letters correctly? Are you looking for ways to ensure they develop fully legible handwriting?
This resource pack provides simple pre-cursive and print handwriting worksheets; a set for each letter of the alphabet, using a pre-cursive font. Upper case letters and lower case letters are covered.
Each pre-cursive set of handwriting worksheets includes:
- a poster showing how the letter is formed that pupils can trace over
- a worksheet with words that contain the letter taught to practise letter formation
- a worksheet with handwriting lines to rehearse letter formation for lowercase letters
- a worksheet with handwriting lines to rehearse letter formation for capital letters
How could these pre-cursive and print handwriting worksheets be used in the classroom?
The worksheets could be used as part of regular handwriting skills practice or used as part of a small group or 1:1 intervention to teach the correct formation of letters before teaching cursive writing. They are ideal for setting as a homework activity, or used as teaching resources in the classroom.
National Curriculum programme of study links
Pupils should be taught to:
- begin to form lower-case letters in the correct direction, starting and finishing in the right place
- form capital letters
- form lower-case letters of the correct size relative to one another
- write capital letters and digits of the correct size, orientation and relationship to one another and to lower-case letters