Pupils can use these worksheets to help construct simple sentences. Pupils will begin with a noun phrase and then add information about what they did, to whom or what, when and where.
This activity can be used to revisit grammar terminology with pupils, identifying word classes within a sentence and their functions. A variety of versions of the worksheet is available for use across different age groups, supporting teachers to adapt teaching according to the age or needs of the pupils.
What is included in this KS1/KS2 resource?
- Creating sentences worksheet 1 (Who? What? To whom/what? Where? When?)
- Creating sentences worksheet 2 (noun phrase, verb, noun phrase, place adverbial, time adverbial)
- Creating sentences worksheet 3 (subject, verb, object, place adverbial, time adverbial)
- Noun phrase and pronoun cards
- Creating sentence cards
National Curriculum programme of study links
Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- Pupils should be taught to use and understand the grammatical terminology in English appendix 2 accurately and appropriately when discussing their writing and reading