Are your pupils performing a version of the Nativity or putting on a Christmas show this year?
This resource pack can support purposeful writing about the performance, with pupils writing a recount of the show that they performed. Planning sheets and time adverbial cards are provided to support pupils to organise and sequence their ideas for writing.
This resource includes:
Show Time writing prompt
Recount planning sheet
Time adverbial cards
Themed writing paper
What is a recount?
A recount is written in the past tense about events that have happened. Examples of texts that are recounts include: diaries, an account of a school event or trip out, an historical account of events, letters and postcards, newspaper articles and retelling well-known stories.
National Curriculum English programme of study links:
- To say out loud what they are going to write about
- To compose a sentence orally before writing
– To sequence sentences to form short narratives
– To write about real events
- To plan or say out loud what they are going to write about