Develop pupils descriptive writing by writing stories based in the Victorian era. Images and planning sheets are provided to support pupils to write engaging setting descriptions and develop characters and plot within their stories.
This resource pack could be used to provide inspiration for stories based in the Victorian era in narratives that you are currently planning and writing.
What is included in this Victorian era writing pack?
- 14-page ‘Stories with a Victorian Setting’ pupil booklet containing image prompts and text fields in which students can jot down their ideas
- 6-page ‘Story Planner’ document containing prompts and writing space for ideas relating to town settings, characters, transport, entertainment and objects/animals
- 35-page ‘Posters’ document containing high resolution photography themed around the Victorian era, with one image per page
- ‘Stories with a Victorian Setting’ PowerPoint presentation containing 24 slides of assorted Victorian-themed photography
- Single-page teacher Notes document
National Curriculum English programme of study links
Pupils should be taught to draft and write narratives by creating settings, characters and plot
Pupils should be taught to draft and write by, in narratives, describing settings, characters and atmosphere