Do your learners need to practise forming letters correctly? Are you looking for ways to ensure they develop fully legible handwriting?
This resource pack provides simple cursive handwriting worksheets; a set for each letter of the alphabet, using a cursive font. Upper case letters and lower case letters are covered.
What is included in these sets of cursive handwriting worksheets?
- a poster showing how the letter is formed that pupils can trace over
- a worksheet with words that contain the letter taught to practise letter formation
- a worksheet with handwriting lines to rehearse letter formation for lowercase letters
- a worksheet with handwriting lines to rehearse letter formation for capital letters
How could these cursive handwriting worksheets be used in the classroom?
The worksheets could be used as part of regular handwriting skills practice or used as part of a small group or 1:1 intervention to teach the correct formation of letters for joining. They are ideal for setting as a homework activity, or used as teaching resources in the classroom.
National Curriculum programme of study links
Pupils should be taught to:
- begin to form lower-case letters in the correct direction, starting and finishing in the right place
- form capital letters
- form lower-case letters of the correct size relative to one another
- write capital letters and digits of the correct size, orientation and relationship to one another and to lower-case letters