This KS1 grammar and sequencing resource will teach KS1 children the story behind the Chinese Zodiac.
They will have the opportunity to become familiar with traditional tales and retelling these, sequencing events in a story, and using adjectives to create noun phrases.
The pack could be used over a series of lessons, or during a topic day linked to Chinese New Year.
This primary resource pack includes:
- Model texts PDF
- Cut-out puppets PDF
- Adjectives challenge sheet
- Sequencing cards
- Sequencing activity answer sheet
- Teacher’s notes
When is Chinese New Year?
Chinese New Year 2021 starts on Friday 12 February, and 2021 is the Year of the Ox in the Chinese Zodiac.
National Curriculum English programme of study links
- Becoming familiar with a wide range of stories and retelling these
- Sequencing events in a story
- Using expanded noun phrases for description