Explore non fiction writing and the features of an explanation text with this information text KS2 resource pack.
There are sheets to help pupils plan against success criteria, descriptions of the features of information texts at KS2, two detailed explanation text examples for KS2 and collections of facts that children can use to create their own explanation texts. Included in this resource are:
- Explanation text writing sheet, featuring a success criteria list and lists of conjunctions of time and causal conjunctions for KS2
- Explanation text writing plan with space to collect technical vocabulary and plan out an introduction, conclusion and the steps of the text
- Two explanation model texts featuring lightning facts and airplane facts that can be read and annotated
- Two explanation factsheets featuring radio and tornadoes facts that children can use to create their own explanation text
- Writing frames that children can use to create their explanation texts
National Curriculum English programme of study links
Identifying the audience for and purpose of the writing, selecting the appropriate form and using other similar writing as models for their own.
Noting and developing initial ideas, drawing on reading and research where necessary.