World Book Day takes place each year in March, celebrating books and reading. Many teachers and pupils will be dressing up as book characters or reading in their pyjamas at school; sharing their favourite stories; writing book reviews and visiting libraries - not to mention exchanging the £1 book token for a book of their choice (https://www.worldbookday.com/books/)!
This resource pack includes 6 additional ideas that could be used throughout the school to celebrate World Book Day, including the PDF resources listed below.
This primary resource pack includes:
- Teacher notes with suggested activities linked to each idea
- PDF worksheet Idea 1 - book vlog planning sheet
- Idea 2 (no additional resources required)
- PDF worksheet Idea 3 - blank mask templates
- PDF worksheet Idea 4 - my favourite book character (KS1 and KS2 versions)
- PDF worksheet Idea 5. emoji book quiz and answer sheet
- PDF worksheet Idea 6. planning sheet and model text
When is World Book Day 2022?
World Book Day in 2022 is on Thursday 3 March.