This scheme of work for Year 5 has been devised especially for Plazoom by teacher/author/trainer Debra Kidd, and is based on a fictional expedition to film Californian wildlife. It includes planning and resources to cover up to a half-term of learning.
This resource pack includes:
- Teaching notes
- Briefing sheet
- Application form
- Where are we going? images
- How will we get there? Images
- Mountain map
- PowerPoint teaching slides
Cross-curricular subjects covered:
- Geography (volcanoes, mountains, earthquakes, land use, map skills, location knowledge)
- Science (states of matter, rocks, plants, forces, data logging)
- English (writing to persuade and inform; reading for information and inference; speaking and listening; vocabulary development)
This is one of a set of five packs, covering Reception to Year 6 (with the final pack having strong potential for transition activities), each with a different focus, and all offering plenty of opportunities to weave literacy learning across the curriculum in a story-sharing context.